If you are considering getting sciatica surgery, then you will want to consider both the pros and the cons for these types of surgeries. Sciatic pain can be gruesome and hard to heal and there are many types of sciatica treatments to try out. However, there is hope! There are ways to alleviate this pain once and for all while also ensuring that it doesn’t come back. If you are experiencing this type of pain, then you will want to try every type of conservative method first before you consider sciatica surgery.
There are many conservative methods that may work for you if you are considering sciatica surgery. These can include using heat and ice as well as taking over the counter medications to help alleviate the pain as well as alleviate the inflammation. You can find other methods for treating your sciatic pain by consulting with a doctor or alternative practitioner who will likely suggest physical therapy, gentle exercises and possibly acupuncture. If you have tried these and nothing else is working, then you may want to consider getting sciatica surgery. Listed here are the pros and the cons that come along with this type of surgery:
Here are the pros for choosing to get sciatic surgery:
- You can get rid of the pain! You can get rid of the pain when you opt for surgery!
- You can relieve the pressure on your sciatic nerve. You can also get rid of the pressure on your nerve that will cause the pain to come back.
- You have tried everything else and nothing has worked. If nothing else has worked then you will really want to consider sciatic surgery.
- You can live a normal life again.
- You can resume your old physical activities.
Here are the cons for choosing to get sciatica surgery:
- It will cost a lot. Of course, it is very costly so this is something to consider when trying to find the right options for you.
- You will spend a lot of time recovering.
- It may not work. Also, it may not work in the way that you want it to as well as the way that it needs to. You may still have pain after the surgery, which is something to consider.
As you can see, there are both pros and cons that come along with trying to heal your sciatic pain through surgical methods. If you are down to the last resort and are considering getting sciatica surgery, then you want to meet with a neurosurgeon right away in order to figure out what options will work best for you. You can find out more from them as well as ask all of the questions that you need to ask before making the decision.
If you want to go with the best, then you will want to reach out to the experts over at Boulder Neurosurgical and Spine Associates. They are the leading experts in spinal care and can help you decide which options will work best for you.