You have likely been there before: summer weather is making your home sweltering. You turn on all your fans and drink cold water, but you spend your days and nights sweating and hoping for at least a little bit of relief. If you have ever lived in a home or apartment with no air conditioning, this probably sounds very familiar to you. If you have ever dealt with this situation, you are a good candidate for air conditioning install. Though it may seem like a bit of an investment up front, summer after summer of cool, comfortable living will be worth it. After you feel that first blast of cool air, you will be glad you took the time to work with HVAC contractors like those at Zeppelin HVAC to ensure your home is comfortable all summer long. If you are considering getting air conditioning installed in your home, here are few things you can expect.
- The project should take about a day. Depending on the company and the size of the job, most installations of air conditioning are done in about a day. Some can take as little as 4 hours while others will take as long as ten. It is good to plan for about 8 hours, to help you plan your day.
- You will work with a professional HVAC contractor who specializes in AC repair Colorado. This means you can rest assured that they will have undergone a substantial amount of training in order to do the best job possible. When you work with a professional (as opposed to doing it yourself), you will ensure the job gets done quickly and correctly, meaning you will feel cooler and more comfortable faster.
- It will cost what may seem like a lot of money. Generally, you can expect to pay an average of $5,000 for air conditioning installation, but that could vary based on the company or the size of the unit. Make sure to speak extensively with your HVAC company prior to the installation so you can get a quote, ask questions and know you are getting a good price. In the long run, however, this price is well worth the comfort you and your family will feel.
- You may be eligible for tax credits. If you decide to spend a little extra and get a high-efficiency air conditioning unit installed, you may get a bit of a kick back from your state. You should check to see if your state participates in these types of programs which help to encourage environmentally friendly technologies.
- Energy efficiency may lower your bills over time. Again, if you decide to go with a newer, more energy efficient unit, it will take less power to run meaning your energy bills could be reduced over time. This is another reason why the initial investment in an air condition unit is worth it. Also, newer units will require less maintenance, meaning less money spent in that arena as well.
The below items are good to remember as you are looking to install air conditioning in your home as they will help you understand what you can expect before, during and after the process.