One of the fastest growing transportation trends in the US, Europe, and many other regions in the world are ebikes. Ebikes, short for electric bikes, are bicycles that can be powered either by a person pedaling or by electricity. They have a battery pack on them that the rider charges by pedaling, and once the battery is charged the energy it stores can be used to power the bike. This allows people to go up hills easier or to travel farther distances, because they’re only having to pedal a fraction of the time. They’re becoming increasingly popular around the world, and for good reason. Here are five reasons why you should buy an ebike.
1. Climate Change. Climate change is the most pressing issue that humanity has ever faced, and if nothing is done about it the climate of the entire planet is going to change drastically. The weather will become more severe and more unpredictable, regions of the planet will become uninhabitable, and entire ecosystems will collapse. Humanity needs to reduce it’s carbon footprint, and that starts with pulling cars off of the road and replacing them with ebikes. Once an ebike is constructed, its carbon footprint is over. There are zero emissions from riding an ebike, which means you can get to where you’re going without contributing to climate change.
2. Health. Although ebikes don’t require as much pedaling as normal bikes, they still help their users stay in shape. If you want to live a long, productive life, then you should strongly consider replacing your car with an ebike.
3. Time. If you live in a major city with a great deal of traffic, using a bike as your main transportation can actually help you reduce the amount of time it takes to get from one location to another. You can fly by the cars stuck in traffic, dip out of traffic onto a trail, or hop onto the sidewalk. It might seem implausible, but you can actually get around quicker in a city on a bike than you can in a car.
4. Enjoyment. Finally, riding an ebike is just fun. You can outfit the bike with all sorts of electric bike accessories, from lights that show drivers where you are to seats on the back for your kids. If you want to enjoy going from one place to another again, you should really think about investing in an ebike.
5. Cost. Ebikes will run you between $1,000 and $3,500 depending on the quality. When you compare that to how much a car costs, it’s a no-brainer. Add to that the fact that it’s relatively inexpensive to maintain an ebike, while maintaining a car will cost you hundreds and hundreds of dollars each year. You also don’t have to have insurance to ride an ebike, which allows you to save a couple of thousand dollars each year. Thus, the last reason to think about buying an ebike from a shop like Small Planet EBikes is because it will save you a huge amount of money each year.